Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Recipe // Apple Pancakes
Autumn and apple picking go hand-in-hand. A few weeks ago we visited the orchard and picked ourselves a couple pecks of honey crisps. We immediately made baked apples with vanilla ice cream (yum!), and a few days later were pining for some apple pancakes for breakfast.
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup milk
1 cup diced apple
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp sugar
1. First, combine the butter, egg, milk and apple in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
3. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Stir until combined.
4. Heat an oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Scoop the batter onto the griddle, about 1/4 cup at a time. Brown both sides.
6. Serve with honey or syrup and cinnamon to top. Enjoy!
What are your favorite fall recipes?