- New manicure featuring some fun and colorful symbols.
- I picked up this print at the Awesome Dudes Printing Garage Sale last weekend. This one is by Eric Kenney.
- This ice cream truck has been showing up at work. I can't say no to a rainbow cone!
- I picked up another pair of kicks from ShoeDazzle. I'm sort of super addicted to this site!
- I got some rad nail charms from HexNails. These came just in time to give a proper 'Fuck you' to the now-ex boyfriend — who I found out was cheating on me in the sleaziest way possible. Here's to being single again and not putting up with someone's creepy. Oh and some adorable nails.
- Roxy had these funny little baseball prints. There's something morbidly awkward and funny about this one.
- Record Store Day? I didn't want to wait in lines, so I spent mine listening to some of favorites from my existing collection.
- Picnic-print pants and big shoes for a sleepy Friday.
- I picked up this great dresser from Jinxed. Yesterday I finally got the closet together and hung some prints. Hooray!
Sunday, April 21, 2013
Follow Mini Penny on Instagram at @chaplinnn
Monday, April 8, 2013
I always experience this little phenomenon the first day of warm weather — you know, when you wear a skirt or shorts without tights for the first time in months — that I just sort of feel, well, naked. I was pretty inspired by Delightfully Tacky's locks and decided to bring back my old extensions. Consider me obsessed all over again.
Bring it on, weather.
I purchased these shoes from ShoeDazzle. It's sort of my newest crush. If anyone is interested in joining, feel free to do so here!
Sunday, April 7, 2013
- Started pulling out the garden out back and found a bunch of old bricks. So excited to start planting veggies!
- Picked up some new kicks from ShoeDazzle.
- I entered this photo of Kingslet in American Apparel's Pet Pic contest. He ended up winning third place! SUPERMODEL!
- Had a rough week, so The Boyfriend brought me tulips.
- Fun prints at the office.
- I scored at the URBN Sample Sale — ended up with many pairs of Vans and this killer pair of Jeffrey Campbell moto boots.
- Warm weather, pink hair, braids. Spring outfit.
- Playing frisbee with Dumptruck at the Navy Yard.
- Took Kingsley on a Sunday walk to Federal Donuts!
Friday, March 29, 2013
I don't know what my deal has been lately — either I'm jumping on this trend or it's of The Boyfriend's influence. But lately, I've been dying over getting some sneakers. No, not only platforms. I'm talking running sneakers.
Nike, in particular, has caught my eye with the Air Max 90s. There are tons of colors and variations — it's hard for me to make up my mind. These darker tones are amazing, yet I can't help but to obsess over the infrared color ways.
|Photo Credits: [x] [x] [x] [x]|
Is anyone else into the sneaker trend? Maybe not specifically Nikes, but any trainers for that matter?
Thursday, March 28, 2013
|Click to Enlarge for Detail|
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
I've noted multiple times my love of Amy Winehouse and Fred Perry. For years I've lusted after the FP x AW collections, and now that I'm on the East Coast, the NYC Fred Perry and FP Surplus are only a short train ride away. Back in December I picked up three pieces from past collections — this leopard polo being one of them. It's easily the most I've ever paid for a piece of clothing, but it is certainly coveted now. It has an ultra-subtle leopard print and white laurel wreath. Epic.
I'm sort of obsessed with doing this lately. Something about it is perfectly 90s and I just can't get enough (reminds me of those crazy horn-bun things that Scary Spice had). We've all been doing the sock bun for a while now, and this is the exact same concept, just half the size!
I picked up my small 1.5" bun rings at Urban Outfitters (They were maybe $6 for two?), but they're not currently online. You can find them at a variety of online stores, including eBay.
And yes, I call 'em Baby Bunz... with a 'z.'
Monday, March 25, 2013
I unpacked some goodies this weekend — including the last bit of my clothing. I came across this Pleasure Doing Business banded skirt that I hadn't seen in ages. Normally I'm not into zipper details, but this has a diagonal zip across the front. Not bad, really.
And I unpacked my camera remote, so I had to take advantage of the nice natural lighting in my house.
I spent a good chunk of my time this weekend unpacking the last of my boxes from the move. With this being said, I'm nowhere complete with the house. But I thought I'd start giving previews of different parts of my new home.
This is my dining room.
I picked up this great vintage table from Jinxed. It has a metal top that is really phenomenal after some tough scrubbing. I repainted the base, but am considering painting it a dark, neutral green. The top is pastel yellow with green detailed painting.
The piano bench was a piece I picked up from a thrift store back in 2008 when I lived in Columbus, Ohio. It's one of my favorite pieces. The red chairs are Ikea (derp), the wooden crates are from Three Potato Four, and the old metal shipping and receiving signs were a couple of things I picked up from an abandoned building in Chicago.
My favorite part, though, are the giant maps. I bought them at the Tree Potato Four outpost about a month ago. I want to get frames for them, but due to their size, it's going to take some customer ordering. For now, they're hanging free on the wall. They're very tattered and have tons of character. I think I sort of have an obsession with maps...
I think at some point this little credenza was used to house a record player. The lids all lift up on the top and it has two separated sections. The bottom doors slide open as well. I'm definitely going to be painting and revamping this piece, but I'm not sure how just yet. I picked this up at Jinxed at well for a killer $36. I swear, I'm addicted to that store and their Instagram.
The Phrenology head is an old Urban Outfitters piece, plus my busted old leather Brooks bike seat, a Diana +, and this amazing GOB portrait. The Boyfriend snagged it for me as a housewarming gift and it is absolutely perfect.
Stay tuned for more previews!
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Busy, busy, busy...
- The Orlando airport on a layover home from SXSW.
- And of course seeing The Boyfriend was worth all the waiting!
- I did some retail therapy on Thursday after a pretty rough day.
- Unicorn hair, yes.
- Finally hung some vintage maps.
- Kingsley looking regal per normal.
- Cleaning and decorating the house.
- I saw How To Dress Well on Saturday and picked up a new record. Pink vinyl!
Follow Mini Penny on Instagram at @Chaplinnn