Whew! It's been a hectic two weeks! I haven't been thrifting for the past couple of weekends (withdrawal!) and I've been neglecting my NYX makeup haul and review. Finally, finally, finally, here it is! I recently had an awesome discount code and purchased a decent amount of new makeup. Here's the rundown on the product and where you can purchase them.
- NYX Lip Laquer Pot in Coral-Licious. I bought this at Urban Outfitters a few months ago. You can pick it up in multiple colors both in stores or online for only $6.50! They're also available on NYX's website directly for $6. I like this color because it's a great every-day color. It's not too heavy and wears well. It is labeled as cruelty free and hypoallergenic as well.
- NYX Bronzer Powder in Bronzer #1 (Light). I also bought this at Urban Outfitters — it is on sale online for only $9.99 while still available on NYX's website for $15. I love using the shimmery top layers as an eyeshadow (which I have noted in previous outfit posts) and the brown on my cheeks and nose for a great summery appearance. Let's not forget that this thing is huge and should last me quite a while!
- NYX Round Lipstick in Penelope. I wanted a black lipstick for a while and absolutely adore it now! I really wanted to buy the "higher-end" NYX black label lip color in black, but they were sold out, so I settled for the regular round lipstick. I'm not disappointed. I've used this product also in a recent outfit post — Rose Hips!
- NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Black Berry. I bought this to pair with my black lipstick. It's a must if you're going to be going this dark with your lip color!
- NYX Super Fat Eye Marker in Carbon Black. I really love the concept of this eye liner but it seems to smudge a lot. I'm hoping that if I maybe pair it with some primer that it will stay. It goes on really smooth, so I'm hoping that I can make it work!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa and San Paulo. Both of these are amazing! They are perfectly soft and smooth. The Addis Ababa is a really great bright pink and the San Paulo is a big deeper. They are totally fun and perfect for every day use.
- NYX Sheer Tube Gloss and Clear. I needed this basic for my makeup bag and again they were out of the higher end gloss. I had the discount code so I thought I would get this while I was at it. While I'm not a huge fan of the brush-on gloss, it will make due. It's super thick, so I recommend blotting if you're going to be applying over another color so that you avoid runny lips!
- NYX Black Label Lipstick in Citrine. Oh boy, this color is so smooth and lovely! The color I purchased is a great orange and I can't wait to try it in other shades!
- NYX Makeup Brushes in lip and small concealer. Both of these are pretty good quality for the price. I like the small concealer for my little blemish correction and I want to get in the habit of using the lip brush for my brighter lip colors!
- NYX Fabulous Lashes in Illumination. I haven't gotten the chance to use these yet, so I didn't include them in my video. They come with adhesive. I need to practice getting these on before I can confidently tell you how they are. I'm an eyelash novice!
I've also included some lip swatches. Click the image to enlarge. These were taken with a mix of natural light and indoor light. I hope this gives you a good idea of NYX products!