The temperature drop here in Chicago has been utterly delightful. I'm so excited for autumn and hot coffee and pumpkin-flavored everything!
- I spent many nights at the coffee shop working on the Etsy Shop! I think working away from home is the best way to stay focused. I am moving out of my apartment, so everything in my shop is 35% off with the code MOVING2012! And remember that all US apparel orders have free shipping!
- I spent lots of time doodling and laughing with Phil over cartoons concerning my injured wrist.
- There's a little diner in my neighborhood that I like to visit after the Sunday farmer's market, sit in the window, drink coffee, and admire cute hipster dads.
- Yep, I took the plunge. After waiting in line at the Apple Store in Lincoln Park for a whopping six minutes, I have myself the new iPhone 5. It's beautiful!
- My old record player bit the dust a few months ago, and I nabbed this temporary replacement from my boss for twenty bucks. Not bad. It's one of the small, portable briefcase kind. Not the best, but it'll do for now!
- Testing the front-facing camera on my new phone and showing off my favorite cat-print scoop neck tee from work.
- The Lomography Gallery Store is now open in Wicker Park! I wandered in here yesterday and met some really cool people. They're having an opening party on October 4th that I plan on hitting up. You should too!
- On my rainy adventures yesterday, I also wandered into a record store that is literally five minutes from my apartment. I've lived in this neighborhood for almost a year and I didn't know about Logan Hardware! They have an arcade in the back!
- And of course rainy Chicago days call for thigh high socks, Docs, and my favorite anorak.