Posted on: Thursday, March 28, 2013
|Click to Enlarge for Detail|
Posted on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013
I've noted multiple times my love of Amy Winehouse and Fred Perry. For years I've lusted after the FP x AW collections, and now that I'm on the East Coast, the NYC Fred Perry and FP Surplus are only a short train ride away. Back in December I picked up three pieces from past collections — this leopard polo being one of them. It's easily the most I've ever paid for a piece of clothing, but it is certainly coveted now. It has an ultra-subtle leopard print and white laurel wreath. Epic.
I'm sort of obsessed with doing this lately. Something about it is perfectly 90s and I just can't get enough (reminds me of those crazy horn-bun things that Scary Spice had). We've all been doing the sock bun for a while now, and this is the exact same concept, just half the size!
I picked up my small 1.5" bun rings at Urban Outfitters (They were maybe $6 for two?), but they're not currently online. You can find them at a variety of online stores, including eBay.
And yes, I call 'em Baby Bunz... with a 'z.'
Posted on: Monday, March 25, 2013
I unpacked some goodies this weekend — including the last bit of my clothing. I came across this Pleasure Doing Business banded skirt that I hadn't seen in ages. Normally I'm not into zipper details, but this has a diagonal zip across the front. Not bad, really.
And I unpacked my camera remote, so I had to take advantage of the nice natural lighting in my house.
Posted on: Sunday, March 24, 2013
Busy, busy, busy...
- The Orlando airport on a layover home from SXSW.
- And of course seeing The Boyfriend was worth all the waiting!
- I did some retail therapy on Thursday after a pretty rough day.
- Unicorn hair, yes.
- Finally hung some vintage maps.
- Kingsley looking regal per normal.
- Cleaning and decorating the house.
- I saw How To Dress Well on Saturday and picked up a new record. Pink vinyl!
Follow Mini Penny on Instagram at @Chaplinnn
Posted on: Saturday, March 23, 2013
Oh boy, my purple faded fast. After a week in the sun at SXSW (more on that in a later post) and a couple of washes, I was nearly blonde. I have been wanting to try the Water Color Hydrating Hair Color Mask since Urban started carrying it and bought the blue and pink. After shampooing my hair, I put in each color for about a minute and rinsed it out. The result was this unicorn-esque gradient — and I dig it.
I'm in total denial about the lack of spring weather. After spending a week in the Austin/LA sun (not to mention a little sunburn), it was no fun stepping off the plane into snow. Soon, though, I hope.
Posted on: Sunday, March 10, 2013
Well, things change.
After having my half-and-half tones for nearly two years, I decided to retire my signature hair and move onto something else. It was bittersweet, yes, but I can't express how excited I am over my multi-toned lilac and purple hair. The best part? It's going to fade into a nice neutral purple (a la Kelly Osborne). Mae over at American Mortals did a stellar job and she patiently worked on my hair for six hours yesterday. Whew.
|Image via @monstermae|
If you do happen to be in Austin this week and would like to say hey, I'll be at the #UOBacklot Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I'm flying out to LA for a movie premier on Thursday (more on that later), so I'll be bouncing around all over the place.
Rollover the image for outfit details!
Posted on: Monday, March 4, 2013
I happened upon Best Made Company this weekend when I noticed The Boyfriend's "Be Optimistic" patch on his jacket. Immediately I checked out their Instagram and fell for their aesthetic. When I got home, I checked their online store and, needless to say, wanted to put everything in my cart for purchase. Note to self: Self restraint can be a virtue.
Posted on: Sunday, March 3, 2013
I can't believe it's March already...
- Totally feeling this lilac hair.
- Dump Truck being a total cutie at the office.
- Is winter over yet? As much as I love layers, I'm ready for spring.
- The Boyfriend (yep, that just happened, just called him "The Boyfriend") brought my tulips this week when he heard I wasn't feeling 100%.
- Finally wore this thrift J. Crew skirt that I love.
- More paint by numbers to add to my collection.
- Had some Seaworth cold brew coffee at work. Into it.
- Crazy DIY nails from this weekend and, yes, a class ring.
- Headed so Sunday brunch with The Boyfriend. This Best Made patch sums him up pretty well.
Follow Mini Penny on Instagram @Chaplinnn.