Hello, my name is Chaplinnn and I have an addiction.
Right?! I mean, how could you not be addicted to E.L.F.? I just received my second order through them and couldn't be happier. As I mentioned in previous posts, they're celebrating their 7 year birthday with some awesome sales. I was lucky enough to make a huge order with a 60% code! Amazing! Here's the rundown:
- 1. Flirty False Eyelashes ($3)— I still haven't given my NYX lashes a whirl, simply because I'm scared to screw them up, but I loved the rhinestone and shiny lashes. I figured I may as well get some for a photoshoot or crazy costume!
- 2. Plumping Lip Glaze in Champagne ($1)— This is probably my new favorite gloss. It's so smooth and shiny and simple! Ugh, I can't rave about this enough. I certainly want to pick up the other colors. This is going to be my go-to basic for everyday. I just stopped at the Target nearby to see if they had any of these in-store and was disappointed that they do not.
- 3 and 4. Shimmer Eyeliner Pencils in Twinkle Teal and Boldly Bronzed ($1 each)— I didn't have any brown liner, so I opted to go with this nice, shiny metallic color. The liners are really smooth, which is a must for me. I don't like those liners that are tough and chalky! I wish that the teal was closer to the aquamarine that I thought it'd be, but it will be fun nonetheless. Each comes with their own built in sharpener, which I think will get in the way more than be helpful. I'm hoping that it doesn't cause a mess all over my makeup bag. I wore the teal in today's outfit post — it really brightens my eyes!
- 5. Lengthening and Defining Mascara ($3)— I didn't order this, so I"m not sure why it was in my box. While it's not anything exciting, it's certainly not the worst mascara I've ever used. I mean, recently I bought some $8 mascara that I couldn't even use because it was so clumpy. This is pretty smooth and seems nice for days when I'm feeling au natural.
- 6. Studio Eyebrow Treat & Tame in Dark ($3)— I don't remember ordering this. For whatever reason, I thought I ordered this. I have really thin brows, so I always draw them in for some extra oomph. This product doesn't do me a lot of good since my hairs are so sparse that there's nothing for it to stick to! The gel is nice enough, though.
- 7. Studio Pigment Eyeshadow in Golden Goddess ($3)— I'm in love! I ordered this with my fingers crossed hoping that it would be similar to the top layer of the NYX bronzer I reviewed. Turns out it's even better! Perfectly smooth and sparkly, easy to blend, and such a compact and friendly container. I'm very, very excited about this one.
- 8. Studio Lip Plumper and Primer ($3)— I already got one of these with my last order, but it came in broken. I let E.L.F. know via their Facebook page, and rather them offer to fix the issue, they just thanked me for ordering. Ah well, what can you do? It was only a couple bucks, so we can't expect them to bend over backwards all the time. But I do love this product and use it with many of my lip colors.
- 9. Studio Lip Lock Pencil ($3)— This is for "sealing" lip color. I haven't been able to use it yet, so I'll update more on this later.
- 10. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer ($6)— For whatever reason, all I could think of when I ordered this was that scene in Edward Scissorhands where she is applying goop to Edward's face. "Darn this stuff!" she yells. I was surprised to find that this a silky clear gel. It makes my skin super smooth. I wore this out today and normally I get noticeably oily skin (especially in the heat). My face has looked wonderful all day!
- 11. Studio Makeup Mist & Set ($3)— This is for spritzing over your make up so that it stays all day. It's a little awkward to, uh, apply. But I'll update more on this later as well.
- 12. Studio 100 Eyeshadow Palette ($10)— I also didn't order this. I was really kind of bummed because I originally ordered this neutral Beauty Book and was really looking forward to getting it. Turns out that they ran out of stock before they got to my order (booo!) so the invoice claims they refunded my money and that I should just keep checking the website for it to come back into stock. I've said lots of times that I don't wear much eyeshadow, but I'm intrigued by this palette. I've never seen so many eyeshadows. Their texture is similar to the small gift they sent me last time (smooth and easy to blend). Who knows, I might start sporting some mermaid or brick red eyes soon! Okay, maybe not, but one of these days, I'm going to surprise you!
Overall, I'm really pleased. In today's outfit post, I'm wearing all ELF cosmetics with the exception of my bronzer (NYX) and concealer (MAC). I'm really getting more into this budget beauty stuff. I mean, can you beat it? They promote no animal testing, their quality is amazing, and they shell out tons of promo codes. Love you, E.L.F.!