I swear that I don't have chronic-b***h-face — it was raining and I was just trying to get these photos taken! I stood in the rain for what felt like forever (probably just a few minutes in reality) in Ohio's bizarre weather of half-rain-half-sun. What can ya do?
Look at those puddles and tootsies! Anyway, I'm going to be entering this photo in the second round of PacSun's Dress Irresponsibly contest tomorrow. The theme is Accessorize Your Face Off Face-Off! Hah. I'll be posting a link to where you can vote tomorrow.
As many of you know, as of today Geoffrey and I have been together for one year! Happy anniversary, dear!
We spent the day with some homemade breakfast and relaxation time. Then we hopped over to the theatre to catch a matinee showing of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I mentioned in Friday's post that I am a huge fan of the originals, so I entered this with some hesitation. Here's my recap:
- I was excited to see who John Lithgow was playing. He's one of my favorite actors.
- I really, really wish that the Planet of the Apes remakes would stop using the classic line from the first film: "Get your stinking paws off me, you damn, dirty ape!" In the Tim Burton remake, they changed the 'ape' to 'human.' In my opinion, the Burton version is unwatchable. Heston delivered this line perfectly the first time and it doesn't need to be rehashed.
- Don't give Draco Malfoy lines like "It's a madhouse! A MAAADHOOOOUSE!" This was another that belonged to Heston. Don't get me wrong, I like Harry Potter, but Malfoy just cannot do it the same way! I'd rather they write a new line than try to one-up the old ones.
- CGI chimps wearing sweatpants are not nearly as funny as real life chimps wearing pants.
- I know, I sound like a whiney purist, but I don't think they should have borrowed names from the original series and used them in different contexts. For example, in the original series, Caesar's mother's name was Zira. The story line of how Caesar came to be was perfect. In the new movie, Caesar is born after his mother chimp is injected with a gene-altering drug. They named Caesar's mother "Bright Eyes" which was Heston's nickname in the first film. They also borrowed the name "Cornelious" (which was originally Caeser's father) and used it for a random female chimp — Cornelia. I found this to be rather tacky and not creative.
- I prefer the original series's cast of people in ape makeup over computer animation.
- I still like James Franco.
So there you have it! It was a rainy day but we made the best of it. Oh, and more good news — My Birchbox shipped! I can't wait to share all my goodies with you. What did you do with your Sunday?
Denim vest, thrifted
Aztec-print socks, UO
Kimchi Blue canvas boots, UO
BDG Double-wrap belt, UO
Flat stone necklace, Claire’s
Found objects necklace, DIY
Bull necklace, thrifted
Wolf ring, UO
R2D2 lapel pin, gift from an ex co-worker